Business Owners Boot Camp eLearning course
This online eLearning course provides 6-hours of Professional Development – with a certificate of completion provided at the end of the learning experience.
About the Business Owners Boot Camp online training
Owning a business requires a vision balanced with attention to detail. You need to be a generalist who understands the multiple aspects of running a business, as well as the ability to step back and see the big picture and to reach into the future.
The business environment is a complex place to be. Whether you wish to work as a consultant or freelancer, establish a corporation, or set up an operation that meets a need for very particular type of customer, there is a tremendous amount of information that you need to know and to apply.
This course provides essential learning for new business owners, whether the business is just in the idea stage or you have already begun and need to fill in the gaps.
- Apply the best methods for creating, leading, and managing your own business
- Establish an organizational framework through operations, finance, and leadership
- Set up an effective and efficient system for hiring, retaining, and succession planning
- Start researching and designing your strategic plan
- Describe the essential elements of marketing, sales, and your company brand
- Apply financial and accounting terms correctly
1. Course Overview
2. Who Are You and What Are You About?
What is Our Business?
The Owner’s Role
Keeping Things Moving
3. Designing Your Organizational Structure
Bringing the Idea to Life
Looking at the Options
Who is in Charge?
4. Introduction to Operations Management
Defining Operations Management
Types of Operations
5. Understanding Financial Terms
General Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
6. Getting the Right People in Place
Six Essential Steps of Hiring
7. Getting Your Product Together
Understanding the Value Chain
8. Building a Corporate Brand
Brand Names and Slogans
Developing a Slogan
Creating a Visual Identity
Types of Visual Identities
Working It Out
9. Marketing Your Product
Introduction to Marketing
Stage One: Consumer and Market Analysis
Stage Two: Analyzing the Competition and Yourself
Stage Three: Analyzing Distribution Channels
Stage Four: Creating a Marketing Plan
The Final Stages: Implement, Evaluate, Review, and Revise
Leveraging Social Media
10. Selling Your Product
Building Your Sales Force
The Sales Cycle
11. Planning for the Future
Introduction to Strategic Planning
The Strategic Plan Pyramid
12. Goal Setting and Goal Getting
Setting Achievable Goals
Goals with SPIRIT
Getting Into It
13. Succession Planning 101
What is Succession Planning?
Defining Succession Planning
14. Managing Your Money
What is a Budget?
Managing Your Budget
15. Ethics 101
Are You Ready?
Sample Codes of Ethics
Your Code of Ethics
16. Building a Strong Customer Care Team
The Pillars of Success
The Remaining Elements
Developing and Maintaining Relationships
17. Training Employees for Success
Why Continuous Learning?
18. Leadership Essentials
Leading and Managing
Understanding Your Comfort Zone
19. Personal Action Plan
20. Recommended Reading List
21. Post-Course Assessment